Safety, coexistence and health
Barcelona is renowned for its lifestyle. It's a friendly, open destination that welcomes visitors from around the world. Respect for and coexistence with the local community are the keys to an enjoyable stay that will allow you to explore the city in harmony. This is why we recommend you follow our tips about staying safe and the rules of coexistence. We also provide information about medical assistance that will make your stay in Barcelona much more pleasant.
- Keep an eye on your personal belongings and luggage at railway stations, at the airport, in hotel lobbies, in open spaces, on terraces and beaches, on public transport and in crowded places.
- Use the safety deposit boxes at your hotel or accommodation to store valuable items, such as personal documents and air tickets. Do not carry all your money with you when you go out.
- Keep your bag closed and wear it on the front of your body, not on your back. Do not carry valuable items, documents, keys, money or credit cards in your pockets.
- When driving, do not stop in unauthorised areas. If someone signals you to pull over after alerting you to a potential problem with your vehicle, exercise caution. We recommend you use secured car parks with CCTV, lock your vehicle and make sure all windows are closed. Keep all valuables out of sight or take them with you (bag, wallet, phone, electronic device, etc.).
- Please respect the rules of coexistence in the city as well as its public and private spaces. Keep the noise to a minimum, treat public places with respect and help keep them clean.
- We recommend you wear appropriate clothing, not only at visitor attractions but in public spaces too.
- Barcelona's civic bylaws prohibit the purchase of items, drinks and services from itinerant sellers.
- Paying for sex and engaging in sexual activity in public are prohibited and may be subject to prosecution or a fine.
- Consuming alcohol in the street is prohibited. Shops, bars and restaurants can only sell alcoholic drinks to people aged 18 or over.
- The possession and consumption of drugs in the street is prohibited and may be subject to prosecution or a fine. The unauthorised sale of drugs is a criminal offence.
- If you are staying in a tourist apartment or other holiday let, please make sure it is legal. Respect the terms and conditions of occupancy.
- Social activities in public spaces must be respectful to the local community. Respect our public spaces and help keep the city clean.
- Please observe the signs indicating bathing conditions and swimming areas (yellow and red flags). Do not swim beyond or by the breakwater.
- Camping in public places (beaches included) is prohibited. Please use the authorised camping areas.
- For safety reasons, drone use is prohibited in Barcelona.
- The WHO has named the health system in Catalonia one of the best in Europe, due to its highly qualified medical staff, the use of innovative technologies and commitment to research. Catalonia provides public healthcare for all.
Centro Médico Teknon QuironSalud Quironsalud works with a wide range of insurance companies to provide health-care services. It offers free onsite medical assistance to visitors from abroad who have a medical emergency during their stay in Barcelona. Quironsalud has a 24-hour medical helpline offering telemedicine consultations and providing doctors who can visit you wherever you are, as well as ambulance transfers to the Teknon Medical Centre, where you will be fast-tracked through its Premium admissions service. For further information, phone 901 123 456.
HM Nou Delfos Hospital offers added value to international clients who are traveling from their country with travel insurance or international medical insurance: multilingual doctor to come to your hotel or apartment in 45 minutes, private ambulance, preferential treatment with an international team that provides personalized management from hospital admission to repatriation if necessary, urgent tests, private Psychiatry unit, special meals for people of all religions and pediatric care provided through HM Nens Hospital. For further information, phone 900 844 484.
- If you need an antigen or PCR test, we offer you the Check&Go and AQB. You'll receive your test results in 15 minutes with an accuracy rate of 99.5%. You'll receive you PCR results within 24 to 48 hours with an accuracy rate of 97.1%. Check&Go and AQB can visit you at your home or the place where you are staying: you can book an appointment by phoning or emailing.
+34 935 042 787 or +34 613 009 366
+34 699 931 723 or +34 934 191 868
- Telephone 112: this is the emergency telephone number, as in the rest of the European Union. In Barcelona, calls are dealt with in Catalan, Spanish, English and French and there is a translation service in other languages. The number is used to contact the Catalan Police. de Cataluña (Mossos d'Esquadra), fire brigade and ambulance service.
You may be also interested
from 47,70 €
from 15,58 € from 30,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 38,00 €
from 14,50 €
- Skip the line!
from 15,00 €
- Skip the line!
from 14,00 €
from 46,80 €